If you’re currently living with anxiety, you may feel like you have tried everything… but have you tried EFT Tapping? It can be hard to find the right strategy to help you manage or reduce your anxiety. If you have tried other methods, supplements, and more, you might not know where to go next.
EFT ‘Emotional Freedom Techniques’
EFT, or emotional freedom techniques, is a potent strategy. It can help people in many different areas of their lives. It’s great for handling challenges that may arise every day that affect people both inside and out. One of those challenges that responds well to EFT tapping is anxiety.
EFT tapping helps because it relies on individual points throughout the body. It is somewhat similar to acupuncture in that it focuses on those same healing points.
This works because your energy is restored to those healing points. The energy can flow back to those points and through your body. It is meant to keep your body and health balanced—even if you feel sick or anxious.
Reasons to Use EFT Tapping for Anxiety
There are lots of different options out there when it comes to managing and coping with anxiety. Because each person is so different, it can take some trial and error to figure out what the perfect strategy is. EFT tapping is a risk-free way to manage and significantly reduce your anxiety. Here are some of the reasons that you should use EFT tapping for anxiety:
- It doesn’t require an additional visit to a doctor or therapist: You may not feel like visiting another practitioner for your anxiety. This isn’t to say that you shouldn’t, especially if your anxiety is very intense or clinical. You can try other options in addition to going to the doctor, such as EFT tapping.
- It doesn’t require a medication: There are plenty of medications designed to help with anxiety, but they can come with a long list of nasty side effects.
- It has no known adverse side effects: This is a very risk-free way to manage and alleviate anxiety. You don’t have to worry about side effects.
- Improvement can be shown quickly: Some individuals using EFT tapping have seen significant improvement very soon after they begin. Sometimes, this can be after just a few tapping sessions!
- It can be done discreetly: You can tap in private or in public. Some exercises include only your fingers so you can do it in public without anyone knowing. This is helpful if you have social anxiety.
- You can personalize it for your needs: Depending on what emotions you’re feeling, you can change your setup. You can use a new setup every time you tap if needed.
- It gives you the control you may want: Instead of allowing someone else to work on your mental health, you are given the opportunity to do it yourself. This is very freeing and can be just what you needed.
EFT Tapping Simple Exercise
If you would like to try EFT tapping for your anxiety, here is a simple exercise for you to use. This is an excellent way to help alleviate any negative feelings associated with anxiety.
Start with a setup. While tapping on the side of the hand, for example, you might say, “Even though I have anxiety, I accept myself.” You can be more vague or specific as you choose.
You can then shorten that setup down to just a couple of words. This is known as your reminder phrase, and it’s what you will use when you begin your tapping sequence. As you tap, you won’t need to use your whole setup because the reminder phrase will keep you connected to the emotion.
Then, go through a sequence of tapping each of the following spots on your body:
- Top of head
- Side of eye
- Under eye
- Under nose
- Collar bone
Practice this tapping exercise as often as you need to. It’s best to try to do it regularly so you can begin to connect with the tapping points that give you the most energetic shifts. Of course, any little bit helps. Try EFT tapping a couple of times and see how it impacts your anxiety. Trust the process and be patient with yourself as it begins to work.
EFT tapping is a great technique to use to make a difference in your everyday life. It doesn’t require a doctor, medications, supplies, or a lot of time. It’s simply you healing your own body. It’s easy to do discreetly so you can do it throughout the day if needed. Give it a try and see how your life changes with emotional freedom!
Would you love to learn even more benefits of EFT? Click here for my free class teaching you How to Defeat 6 Common Emotional Struggles to Achieve Lasting Freedom with EFT.